You can break Yoast down into 3 steps: settings configuration, keyword research, and content SEO. We’ll configure Yoast and make key on-page SEO suggestions (both inside and outside of Yoast) so you can start creating perfectly optimized pages.
- Settings configuration
- Training on Yoast features
- Google Search Console setup
- Create + submit sitemap to Google
- Control which content gets indexed
DATA-DRIVEN KEYWORD LIST
Guessing keywords doesn’t work. We use tools like Google Autocomplete, Ahrefs, and competitor websites to create a list of data-driven keywords. All keywords are organized based on monthly searches, competition in Google, and profitability.
- Review current keywords
- Competitor keyword research
- Number of monthly searches
- Keyword competition research
- Align keywords with your content
PERFECT ON-PAGE SEO
We did zero link building to get 3,000 visitors/day (it was all on-page SEO). It’s more than Yoast’s green lights. Adding an HTML table of contents, rich snippets, and optimizing publish dates and click-through rates can all help rank your pages/posts.
- Keyword usage
- Click-through rates
- Design/layout improvement
- Creating an HTML table of contents
- Items from our on-page SEO checklist
GOOGLE SEARCH CONSOLE ERRORS
Once Google Search Console is setup, we’ll make some basic optimizations like submitting your sitemap to Google, Bing, and Yandex. We’ll go over broken URLs, redirects, and errors in your Search Console report so you will know exactly what to do.
- Sitemap submission
- Analytics (rankings + CTR)
- Crawl errors (broken pages)
- Mobile, security, sitemap errors
- Tracking keywords and their rankings
GOOGLE ANALYTICS: FROM DATA TO ACTION
Get actionable recommendations based on your Google Analytics data like which pages have poor bounce rates and average time on page. If you want to learn specific metrics about your visitors and website, contact us and we’ll be glad to provide them in the report or teach you.
- Exclude your IP address
- Suggestions based on your data
- Top pages that need improvement
- Identifying your “typical audience”
- Setting up scheduled email reports
Striving for a 100% report? We’ve done it for our website and can get yours in the right direction. However, most people prefer to hire us for speed optimization as it’s own separate service since they don’t want an audit; they just want it done.
- Hosting migration
- Cache plugin configuration
- Cloudflare + CDN configuration
- Plugins, images, external scripts
- Items from our WordPress speed guide
LOCAL SEO & GOOGLE MAPS
Local SEO has it’s own set of ranking factors. We’ll help you find localized keywords and create geo-targeted pages, then optimize your citations (online profiles) like Google My Business, Yelp, Facebook, and others for 100% complete and consistent NAP.
- Google My Business
- Local keyword suggestions
- Geo-targeted landing pages
- Reviews + NAP consistency
- Citations (online directories)
BOOSTING CLICK- THROUGH RATES
Snippets are the forefront of your SEO. Learn which pages have low click-through rates (CTRs) and optimize them so more people click your results. Enhancing snippets to stand out in Google is one of the easiest ways to drive more traffic to your website.
- Rich snippets
- FAQ rich snippets
- Publish dates for blog posts
- SEO titles + meta descriptions
STAND OUT WITH RICH SNIPPETS
Enhance your search results and increase click-through rates with rich snippets. Depending on which data types are applicable to your WordPress site, we’ll show you how to markup your pages using a user-friendly WordPress rich snippets plugin.
- FAQ rich snippets
- Event rich snippets
- Recipe rich snippets
- Review rich snippets
- Other types of rich snippets
FAQ snippets are a type of rich snippet that can appear in Google for both pages or posts. If you have content that can include FAQs, we’ll mark them up to appear in Google which can potentially lead to higher click-through rates as well as traffic.
- Recently released
- Easy-to-use plugin
- Can increase your CTRs
- Makes snippets stand out
- Results can be monitored
Featured snippets highlight your content in Google and awards you 2 results on the first page (what they call the “number 0” result). This can easily double traffic to that page. While these are technically up to Google, we can optimize for them.
- Answers, lists, tables
- Gives you a “number 0” result
- Add an HTML table of contents
- Make items in your TOC actionable
- Question keywords with concise info
Adding publish dates to blog posts makes your content look fresh and can significantly increase click-through rates for time-sensitive articles. This is done by adding post modified dates to your posts, then enabling publish dates in your snippets.
- Date in snippet preview
- Adding post modified dates
- Updating posts to keep freshness
- Keeping track of outdated content
- Automatically updates to current day
REDUCE SERVER RESPONSIVE TIME
If you have a slow server response time in Google PageSpeed Insights, lightening the load on your server can make your website faster while saving on hosting costs. Google suggests a server response time of <200ms; Cloudways can help!
- Migrating to faster hosting
- Offload to Cloudflare + CDNs
- Keep the database clean
- Optimize high CPU plugins
- Block spam bots from hitting server
Links are still the #1 factor of SEO. We’ll identify opportunities based on your keywords, content, and competitors. We also have an in-house link builder who can build white-hat, powerful links if you would like to rank specific pages + posts higher.
- List of websites to get links from
- High trust score, low spam score
- Relevant websites in your industry
- Existing spammy links to your site
- Template to reach out to bloggers
HIGH PRIORITY KEYWORDS
You might have a few high priority keywords you’re ranking for, but are not on page 1. If you would like us to hyper-focus our attention on those pages, let us know and we will customize the WordPress SEO audit to pay special attention to those keywords.
- Send us high priority keywords
- We’ll customize the audit for them
- Should ideally be long-tail (specific)
- Finding other keyword variations
- Make sure you choose good keywords
I can’t thank you enough for the awesome post. I have always pondered over the ‘Good’, ‘Ok’ and ‘Poor’ ratings of Yoast. Most times I tried to stuff keywords just to turn that orange to green and I regret it now ! This post changed my perspective on how to use it and I will be using it more intelligently.
Wow, you certainly over delivered on this SEO Yoast out line, certainly needed to tweak some things in my previous settings. Great, great stuff my friend, and I will join your list. Found your YouTube video, but seen that you had an updated version on this blog, glad I came across this blog. All the best.
Thank you Tom! After hiring twice someone to do this job without a good result I decided to to it by myself. This would not have been possible without your guidance. From Pagespeed 88%, Yslow 77% and page load time 6,4s to Pagespeed 96%, Yslow 94% and page load time 2,5s!
Just finished ALL your recommendations: – I went from 6-8s Loading Speed… … to ***0.5s** !?! Amazing is an understatement… Thanks Again :)
Specific Things We Can Help With
- Keyword list for services
- Keyword list for blog posts
- Keyword ideas from competitors
- Analyzing keyword competition
- Optimizing existing content
- Creating new, optimized content
- Configuring the Yoast SEO settings
- Migrating your SEO Plugin to Yoast
- Optimizing content for social sharing
- Optimizing images for SEO / site speed
- Creating an HTML table of contents
- Crafting article (blog post) titles
- Reducing bounce rates
- Improving clickthrough rates
- Identifying duplicate content
- Fixing duplicate content issues
- Website speed recommendations
- Resizing images to fit dimensions
- Setting up Google Analytics
- Excluding IP addresses from Analytics
- Segmenting data/metrics in Analytics
- Using Analytics to improve website
- Setting up Google Search Console
- Submitting sitemap to Search Console
- Identifying crawl errors (broken pages)
- Permalinks, redirects, broken links
- Targeting SEO to a specific country
- Identifying mobile + security issues
- Google My Business optimization
- Fixing your top 15 citations
- Deleting duplicate citations
- Getting you listed on more citations
- Configuring Yoast’s Local SEO Plugin
- Sending you ongoing SEO reports
- Answering specific questions you have
- Building a long-term SEO partnership
Process & Pricing
Schedule a time to call us though our contact form. You will also be sent an SEO questionnaire covering important details about your website and the audit.
$1.5k – $3k
For small or undeveloped websites; you want to make sure your keywords, content, tools, and optimizations are aligned 100% correctly from the start.
The WordPress SEO audit is about 10-30 pages in a Google Doc. It is not created using automatic software; it is hand-typed and personalized for your site.
MID LEVEL AUDIT
$3k – $5k
For established websites that aren’t getting results you were hoping for. You already have a decent amount of content, but it’s not ranking very high.
We will walk through the audit together and answer any questions you have, making sure you are 100% satisfied and comfortable implementing the changes.
For larger websites and brands that have employed content writers, designers, and marketing teams who can carry out a full-force SEO strategy.
“Tom gave us a final push over the top on our SEO. We had very good success but had a few issues that we couldn’t solve and within a couple weeks of working with Tom, our website had hit the front pages in just about every keyword we were hoping for. Thank you Tom and Online Media Masters.”
“I thought you might like to hear that your advice has already been helpful. Already, we are placing higher again for almost all of our most important keywords, from “computer repair” and “computer support” (we’ve moved above our main competitor) to “laptop repair” (back to #1 under the ads).”
Talk To Cole
Cole is based out of Newport, California and handles all WordPress SEO audits for our clients. Schedule a time to talk to Cole through out contact form and he will review your site, goals, and strategy to make sure we can create the perfect plan for you.