You can break Yoast down into 3 steps: configuring the settings (I’ll do this for you), creating a keyword list (also included) and optimizing content. I’ll review your content strategy and make suggestions so you can create killer, perfectly optimized pages.
I’ll configure Google Analytics to prevent your (and employee) IP addresses from polluting data, segment data into specific metrics, then use those metrics to help you improve your site. Here is my Certification. Tell me if there are specific metrics you want.
Guessing them doesn’t work. I use tools like Google Autocomplete and Keyword Planner to create a full list of data-driven keywords based on your website/blog and competitors. These will be used to map your content with long-tail (specific), researched keywords.
LOCAL SEO / CITATIONS
Citations are your main online profiles like Google My Business, Superpages, Citysearch and others. They’re 30% of local SEO. I will send you instructions to optimize your top 15 citations, plus a list of 30 new ones to get listed on. Or I can build these for $10 each.
Your Yoast XML sitemap will be submitted to Google, Bing, and Yandex Webmaster. You will get a list of broken URLs that need to be redirected (with instructions), mobile and indexing errors, and recommendations for improving pages with low clickthrough rates.
Just a reminder – I do SEO exclusively with WordPress sites. I know how to configure Yoast, optimize content, makes sites load faster through W3 Total Cache, and make other WordPress-specific optimizations. I can help with implementation if needed.
If you’ve read my guides, you know my instructions are solid.
I can’t thank you enough for the awesome post. I have always pondered over the ‘Good’, ‘Ok’ and ‘Poor’ ratings of Yoast. Most times I tried to stuff keywords just to turn that orange to green and I regret it now ! This post changed my perspective on how to use it and I will be using it more intelligently.
Wow, you certainly over delivered on this SEO Yoast out line, certainly needed to tweak some things in my previous settings. Great, great stuff my friend, and I will join your list. Found your YouTube video, but seen that you had an updated version on this blog, glad I came across this blog. All the best.
Thank you Tom! After hiring twice someone to do this job without a good result I decided to to it by myself. This would not have been possible without your guidance. From Pagespeed 88%, Yslow 77% and page load time 6,4s to Pagespeed 96%, Yslow 94% and page load time 2,5s!
Just finished ALL your recommendations:
– I went from 6-8s Loading Speed…
… to ***0.5s** !?!
Amazing is an understatement…
Thanks Again :)
Specific Things I Can Help With…
- Keyword list for services
- Keyword list for blog posts
- Keyword ideas from competitors
- Analyzing keyword competition
- Optimizing existing content
- Creating new, optimized content
- Configuring the Yoast SEO settings
- Migrating your SEO Plugin to Yoast
- Optimizing content for social sharing
- Optimizing images for SEO / site speed
- Content optimizations outside of Yoast
- Crafting article (blog post) titles
- Reducing bounce rates
- Improving clickthrough rates
- Identifying duplicate content
- Removing duplicate content via Yoast
- Website speed recommendations
- Resizing images to fit dimensions
- Setting up Google Analytics
- Excluding IP addresses from Analytics
- Segmenting data/metrics in Analytics
- Using Analytics to improve website
- Setting up Google Search Console
- Submitting sitemap to Search Console
- Identifying crawl errors (broken pages)
- Permalinks, redirects, broken links
- Targeting SEO to a specific country
- Identifying mobile + security issues
- Google My Business optimization
- Fixing your top 15 citations
- Deleting duplicate citations
- Getting you listed on more citations
- Configuring Yoast’s Local SEO Plugin
- Sending you ongoing SEO reports
- Answering specific questions you have
- Building a long-term SEO partnership
How It Works
2. I’LL WRITE THE AUDIT
The audit is 10-15 pages in a Google Doc. We’ll walk through it and I will answer any questions you have, so you know exactly what needs to be done. Do the work yourself, or I can help you knock out specific items.
I don’t write content or design graphics, but can help in other areas. I can make your site load faster, fix crawl errors, provide coaching, send reports, and build citations (directories) if you’re doing local SEO. Just to name a few.
Hiring the right person to audit your website is essential – it facilitates content development and website optimization. Your Google Analytics will be setup to track progress, your Yoast SEO plugin will be configured with the optimal settings, and you will know exactly how to move those analytics up. Contact me and we can collaborate through email or schedule a phone call.