Yoast is a great start for optimizing WordPress sites; configuring the plugin settings, researching focus keywords, and optimizing content are all key parts of SEO. We can review your current Yoast setup and how you’re using it, then make necessary tweaks to improve your keywords, on-page SEO, and rankings.
- Settings configuration
- Webmaster Tools setup
- Focus keyword research
- On-page SEO (beyond green lights)
- We wrote one of the most popular Yoast tutorials with over 1M views
A data-driven keyword list makes sure you are building content around the right phrases. These should have a nice balance of monthly searches, competition, and profitability. We use tools like Google Autocomplete, Ahrefs, and others to make sure you have a data-driven list of long-tail keywords.
- Monthly Searches
- LSI (similar) keywords
- Low or medium competition
- Researching competitor keywords
There’s more to on-page SEO than Yoast green lights. We make sure you’re using the keyword in the right places, but also things that improve user experience, like adding an HTML table of contents, improving layouts, and making your website format properly when it’s shared on Facebook and Twitter.
- SEO titles + meta descriptions
- Social media optimization
- Click-through rates
- Image, text, content optimization
- Items from our on-page SEO checklist
CTRS (CLICK-THROUGH RATES)
Getting people to click your Google snippets is just as important as ranking. We can optimize your snippets with rich snippets, FAQ snippets, better SEO titles + meta descriptions, publish dates (for time-sensitive blog posts), and even optimize for featured snippets using an HTML table of contents.
- Rich snippets
- FAQ rich snippets
- Publish dates (for blog posts)
- SEO titles + meta descriptions
- Higher CTR = higher rankings
We optimized our site for 100% GTmetrix scores and can make your website blazing fast. This can improve both SEO and conversions. We provide before & after GTmetrix reports (our tool of choice) and use load time and the primary metric. We can focus on Pingdom + PageSpeed Insights items too.
- Hosting migration + configuration
- PHP 7.4, CDNs, Cloudflare configuration
- Image, plugin, code, script optimization
- Selectively disable plugins, scripts, styles
- We wrote a popular WordPress speed guide with 400+ comments
ANALYTICS + SEARCH CONSOLE
Get Google Analytics and Google Search Console setup, find errors on your website, and get help fixing them. Fixing errors and improving content leads to a user-friendly website that is improved based on real data about your SEO and website visitors; we provide training for both these tools.
- Setup of Analytics + Search Console
- Fix mobile, sitemap, breadcrumb indexing, security, rich snippet errors
- Setup SEO reporting to measure rankings, CTR, traffic, specific metrics
- Content & SEO recommendations based off your analytics & traffic data
Links are still the #1 factor of how a page ranks. We partnered with one of the most influential link builders to build powerful, white-hat links to client sites to help them rank for their most important keywords. This will increase domain authority and benefits your entire WordPress site’s SEO/rankings.
- Send us your high priority keywords
- Create pages targeting those keywords
- We build powerful links to those pages
- Links make those pages rank higher while increasing your domain authority
Most SEO Audit use automated software and are a waste of time. Our WordPress SEO audits are 10-20 hand-typed pages in a Google Doc outlining critical improvements based on your keywords, content, and analytics. The audit also includes configuring Yoast, Google Analytics, and Google Search Console.
- Extensive review of your site
- Not automated (it’s hand typed)!
- Includes a data-driven keyword list, on-page SEO recommendations, and factors outside your website (eg. citations for local SEO + link building)
- Includes setup of key tools like Yoast, Google Analytics, and Search Console
Need some 1 on 1 SEO training? We offer screen sharing training sessions where we will login to your WordPress site and teach you how to research keywords, optimize pages, add rich snippets, increase click-through rates, and decipher your Google Analytics and Google Search Console data.
- 1 on 1 screen sharing training
- Learn to optimize pages for keywords
- Cover specific items you want answered
- Learn why there’s more to on-page SEO than getting green lights in Yoast’s plugin
If you’re happy with our WordPress SEO services, we are all about long-term partnerships since SEO is obviously an ongoing process. We want to equip you with the knowledge to do things yourself, but also outsource things you don’t have the skill set, time, or resources for (this is usually link building).
- Link building
- Keyword recommendations
- Reviewing your optimizations
- Citation building (for local SEO)
We helped clients rank #1 for a variety of keywords:
How It Works
1 AUDIT + TRAINING
Without reviewing your website, we won’t know what is right and wrong. Unless you have specific things you need done, we recommend starting with an SEO audit. This helps us BOTH learn what needs to be done so we can more forward confidently, while equipping you with recommendations + training.
Optimizations will depend on the audit, but optimizing pages for keywords is usually the biggest part. The audit will includes an extensive list of data-driven keywords and recommendations for optimizing pages. Bottom line; whoever is writing the content needs to be 100% comfortable with optimizing content.
We use Google Search Console’s Search Analytics report to measure your keywords, rankings, click-through rates, and other data. We also use Ahrefs for monitoring domain rating, competitor keywords, and other data. You will have access to all these reports, including ongoing reports from Google Analytics.
“Tom gave us a final push over the top on our SEO. We had very good success but had a few issues that we couldn’t solve and within a couple weeks of working with Tom, our website had hit the front pages in just about every keyword we were hoping for. Thank you Tom and Online Media Masters.”
“I thought you might like to hear that your advice has already been helpful. Already, we are placing higher again for almost all of our most important keywords, from “computer repair” and “computer support” (we’ve moved above our main competitor) to “laptop repair” (back to #1 under the ads).”
Contact Us About Your WordPress SEO
Ready to start ranking your pages higher? Use my contact form to send me your WordPress site, keywords, and SEO goals. Then we can talk about improving your rankings. Please note I primarily work with service-based business who want to rank higher in Google Maps, however I can do training on individual topics like Yoast, keywords, or content optimization.